When we were first told what the theme for our Women’s conference was going to be this year, the song I learned from Psalty the Singing Song Book instantly popped into my head…we never know what is around the corner in our lives, and I’m sure we wouldn’t want to know most of the time because it is possible we would run the other way.
When we choose to walk with Jesus, He doesn’t promise us a perfect life, a life where everything seems “Peachy Keen”
- He promises that in our weakness He is strong, 2 Corinthains 12:9
- He promises that He will work everything together for good to those who love God and to those who are called according to His purpose, Romans 8:28
- He promises that He will give us the desires of our hearts when we delight in Him, Psalm 37:4
- He promises to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask or imagine, Ephesians 3:20-21
- He promises to equip us to do what He has called us to do, no matter how unworthy or unwise we may be, 1 Corinthians 1:26
As christians we are called to be a light, in our schools, our workplaces, our hobbies, whatever it may be and however it takes place we are called to stand for Christ. I love this song by Psalty because a hike takes us down into the valley, up the mountain, to the “top” and then down again. There will be trials, we will be tested, and we will see God’s glory when we continue to trust Him and know that He is still good and He is in control, no matter what our circumstances may be at the present moment.
I heard some amazing shoe stories this weekend, Sparkly high heels, “Uggs”, Sandals, Combat boots, and Converse All Stars…no matter what shoes we are wearing, are we walking with our Savior? Are we watching for opportunities to witness? A chance to step into someone’s life and bless them with the truth of the gospel? Are we praying for our friends and family who need Christ by name? I know I personally need to work on all of the above… If yes, then we are fulfilling His purpose, one step at a time.